jigdo

Adam Pribyl pribyl at lowlevel.cz
Mon Apr 28 07:16:24 UTC 2008

I'd like to thank to all of you for the answers to what jigdo is and why
it is better than X and how ADSL works. My point however was more about
the fact that opening get-prerelease page there is a way how to download
Fedora - one of them is jigdo way - but clicking on this method it opens a
directory with some .jigdo and .template. Considering somebody who knows
nothing about jigdo (and it is not me), he will download those file,
actually .jigdo is opened as text file in the browser window, and - do I
downloaded the Fedora or what? Therefore either clicking on .jigdo should
start some application that handles this file for user - as .torrent does,
or there should be at least README in the dir explaining what to do with
those file, or there should be something else pointing to what to do with
those files. I understand what to do with them, you do also, but lot of
people do not, and explaining this in mailing list is useless, for those
who are JUST clicking on "get-fedora". I hope my point is more clear now.
Creating any wiki page without a link to get-fedora would be useless -
same as the existing Feature/JigdoRelease is with all it's scope,
contingency plan and other stuff that user does not care about.

Adam Pribyl