GDM Greeter

Christopher L Tubbs II ctubbsii at emich.edu
Mon Apr 28 15:17:35 UTC 2008

Stefan Cornelius wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Christopher L Tubbs II
> <ctubbsii at emich.edu> wrote:
>> What does everybody think of the new greeter?
>>

> I never noticed your first 2 points, but I sure share your opinion
> when it comes down to points 3-5. Never cared enough to put it in
> words and complain somewhere (since this is personal preference stuff
> and not really a bug), but I disliked the new GDM, too.
>
> My 2cent "me too" post :)
>
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan

Well, the first 2 points are definitely bugs (the first is fixed already
in a patch, as I said), but I would consider the lack of ability to
configure the greeter a serious oversight, if not a flat out bug. You're
right that the ugliness and the animation are preference stuff, but
personally, I think the delay due to the animation is serious enough to
be considered a bug, if only in the designer's brain.

Rainman