keyboard shift stopped working - old kernel, vmware

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Apr 30 10:49:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 07:27:40PM +1000, David Timms wrote:
> Scott Robbins wrote:

>I have an xmodmaprc that reads
> >keycode 115 = Super_L
> >add Mod4 = Super_L
> >keycode 117 = Multi_key
> >keycode 50 = Shift_L
> >Sometimes, it seems that running xmodmap ~/.xmodmaprc will fix it.
>
> This is on a laptop's builtin keyboard.
> so next time I should try:
> - xev, and
> - xmodmap ~/.xmodmaprc  next time it happens, or does that file not exist by
> default.

My apologies, you have to manually create a $HOME/.xmodmaprc file.

> Thanks, for the comments, I dislike being the only one with weird issues.

I know, on my flakey laptop, I had lots of Just Me issues.   :) (and
stil have, I guess.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Ahh, it's okay. Gave Cord and I chance to spend some
quality death time.
Cordelia: And we got these free corsages.