fedora-release still at 8.90, 8.91?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 22:31:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 13:00:05 -0800 (PST)
Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok, since we already have Fedora 9 Alpha, is the
> number going to change to 8.91 or stay with 8.90.  Is
> there going to be an update to /etc/fedora-release or
> will it stay like is?

I could issue an update to fedora-release, making it 8.91, and then do
it again for Beta.  For alpha it's a little weird, because it is just a
snapshot of rawhide.  I couldn't necessarily change the fedora-release
value in rawhide at that time, because rawhide moves on and it wouldn't
be 8.91 anymore, or it wouldn't match the snapshot.  This is why I
question the usefulness of version number like this.

> Will there be another way to keep track how much
> updated are we with respect to the updates that have
> been released?

Uh.. it's rawhide, not sure what you're asking here.

--
Jesse Keating