gnome-panel clock is much too unstable

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 10:57:03 UTC 2008

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> As soon as the weather report features were integrated into the
> gnome-panel clock applet, it became highly unstable. It crashes frequently
> either when it is loaded or upon trying to configure it for its weather
> features. After crashing (with bug-buddy not catching anything useful
> unfortunately) and reloading several times, it still didn't display any
> temperature. I can't be bothered to do further experiments with it due to
> rawhide's extreme slowness.

Well it is very slow displaying every time you left-click the clock to display
the popup... but its working for me, displaying weather and the sunrise map
fine.  The slowness may be the lack of caching or preemptive loading for the map
(just a guess).

If you have not tried this in awhile (last 2 weeks or so) remove the clock from
your panel, kill gnome-panel, and then add the clock again.