udev no longer takes forever to complete with latest kernel --52.fc7

Stan stanmc at ameritech.net
Sun Jan 6 17:15:58 UTC 2008

In the previous four or five kernels (probably more) my AsRock 939 Dual
SataII motherboard would take 54 or 55 seconds to show OK on the udev
line at boot. It now takes only about 4 or 5 seconds. I have not changed
the BIOS (upgrade/update). I have the latest updates for FC7. Not sure
that this is important, but thought I would mention it if it helps close
out some bug or issue. 2.6.23.12-52.fc7 is my current BIOS.