Current Rawhide just a bit too raw

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 08:29:26 UTC 2008

2008/1/22, Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com>:

> On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 19:06 -0800, Andrew Farris wrote:
> > Jonathan Kamens wrote:
> > > When I double-click on "Computer" on my desktop, instead of getting a
> > > window showing the drives and devices on my computer, my desktop icons
> > > flash and then I get a window showing my home directory; I suspect this
> > > means that nautilus is crashing and restarting (and the fact that my
> > > nautilus process changes PID and timestamp when I do this would seem to
> > > confirm this theory).
> >
> > This is known and there were reports about it in bz, having to do with gnome-vfs
> > I believe.  Browsing computer doesn't work, do not know if it was supposed to be
> > fixed yet.
>
> Todays updates fix this
>
> --

I find this bug the most annoying one, preventing an user to work on
his files in a graphic environment (copying deleting moving and so on
are not possible).
And also time to fix not short taking in account what is causing (in
the meantime three updates of Openoffice...)

My two cents from a driver non an engineer :-)

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag