cannot print, something wrong with cups server

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 13:32:39 UTC 2008

--- Todd Denniston <Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil>
wrote:

> Antonio Olivares wrote, On 01/22/2008 08:04 AM:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I have not been able to print for some time
> already.
> >
> > I get the following:
> >

> > There was an error during the CUPS operation:
> > 'client-error-bad-request'.
> >
> > Turning on/off the printer does not help.  I have
> > attached the log with no help at all or
> suggestions to
> > hang in there, help is on the way :(
> >
> > [olivares at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa cups*
> > cups-pdf-2.4.6-6.fc9.1
> > cups-1.3.5-1.fc9
> > cups-libs-1.3.5-1.fc9
> > [olivares at localhost ~]$
> >

> > What should I do?
> > Is this in Bugzilla?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Antonio
> >

> have you tried asking over a cups.org?

No, I have not, printing was working, suddenly it
stopped working :(

http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php?gcups.general+T+Q%22authentication+certificate%22

http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php?s1+gcups.general+v8+T0+Q%22authentication+certificate%22

> Do you always get
> "cupsdAuthorize: Local authentication certificate
> not found!"??

No, I try to cancel printing jobs from Jan 10, and Jan
17 to no avail, I get the message:

CUPS server error

There was an error during the CUPS operation:
'client-error-bad-request'.

> assumption: restarting cups or rebooting the machine
> has not helped.
>
> what does
> ls /etc/cups/certs /var/run/cups/certs
> return?

[olivares at localhost ~]$ su -
Password:
[root at localhost ~]# ls /etc/cups/certs
ls: cannot access /etc/cups/certs: No such file or
directory
[root at localhost ~]# ls /var/run/cups/certs/
0
[root at localhost ~]#

> did you use
> touch /.autorelabel; reboot
> or
> restorecon -R -v PATHTOMOUNTPOINT
> for your SELinux problem the other day?

No, for some reason or another, the settroubleshoot
stopped warning me of file_t or whatever it was.  I
added no disk, so I asked why should I have to
# touch /.autorelabel; reboot?

> I see a message from you at 22 Jan 2008 04:49:57
> -0800, indicating you are
> still having SOME kind of SELinux problem.
>
> could it be you need to
> restorecon -R -v /var
> ???
> i.e. you may NEED to redo the whole system with the
> touch /.autorelabel; reboot
>
> BTW I was curious so I looked some of this up, I do
> not necessarily have a
> great understanding of what is going on. use at your
> own risk.
>
> --
> Todd Denniston
> Crane Division, Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC
> Crane)
> Harnessing the Power of Technology for the
> Warfighter
>
> --

Thanks for trying to help out,

Antonio