How to become fedora tester?

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 22:23:25 UTC 2008

John Summerfield wrote:
> Andrew Farris wrote:
>

>> Its highly advisable not to share your /home with rawhide,
>
> Oh.
> My home directory, on Tikanga-clone, dates back to RHL 7.3 (maybe
> earlier) and comes via a time on Debian Woody and Sarge when Sarge was
> testing. If I look around, and I have since I installed Tikanga-clone, I
> can find vestiges of my Debian settings.
>
> It's true that I did not ever go back to an earlier release of anything.
> It's also true that I use KDE, not Gnome
>
> I did have a problem at the time of the transition from RHL 5.x to 6.0,
> when my desktop was on an NFS share, and going back to 5.x from 6.0 was
> impeded. Sharing with Mandrake back then didn't work well either.

My main desktop system's home also dates back to RHL (tho I think it was
formatted for 8), but I would still argue it is smarter not to mix rawhide and
anything else writing to the same home.  I have tarballed and moved my home a
number of times to change partition schemes and format; using XFS on my home now
(apparently just because I can, no other argument for why).

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> <ajfarris at gmail.com>