Wireless (ath5k) problem kernel-2.6.24-2.fc9

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 20:23:34 UTC 2008

--- Steven I Usdansky <usdanskys at rocketmail.com>
wrote:

> ~# modprobe ath5k
> FATAL: Error inserting ath5k

(/lib/modules/2.6.24-2.fc9/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ath5k/ath5k.ko):
> Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see
> dmesg)
>
> ~# dmesg | tail
> ath5k: Unknown parameter `autocreate'
> warning: process `/usr/sbin/syste' used the
> deprecated sysctl system
> call with 1.23. warning: process `/usr/sbin/syste'
> used the deprecated
> sysctl system call with 1.23. ath5k: Unknown
> parameter `autocreate'
>
> --
> Steven I. Usdansky, PhD
> Traveling Geologist
> Registered Linux user #360200

In the rawhide report for 20080124, it states that the
ath5k module has been removed:.  I have a machine that
supposedly needed it, but nothing happened, I
previously used madwifi, but stopped because it too
failed as well :(.  I connect with a wired connection.

Regards,

Antonio

kernel-2.6.24-0.167.rc8.git4.fc9
--------------------------------
* Tue Jan 22 2008 John W. Linville
<linville at redhat.com>
- Latest wireless updates from upstream
- Tidy-up wireless patches
- Remove obsolete ath5k and rtl8180 patches
- Add rndis_wext driver

* Tue Jan 22 2008 Chuck Ebbert <cebbert at redhat.com>
- Disable the p4-clockmod driver -- it causes system
hangs. (F8#428895)

* Mon Jan 21 2008 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
- Remove a boatload of dead CONFIG_ options.