no sound again :(

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 20:50:56 UTC 2008

On Jan 27, 2008 12:45 PM, Jim Cornette <fct-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:
> Michel Salim wrote:

> >> Believe I've tracked this down..... (reported on selinux-list).
> >>
> >> There seems to be a "dontaudit" rule that prevents one AVC from being logged.
> >>
> >> Correcting for this, I now have sound/shutdown/etc. working in enforcing mode.
> >>
> > Aha! That's what the <Unknown> category log entries are about.
> >
> > How does one fix this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> I guess by getting the SELinux error resolved.
>
> I get this dialog box if I click on the sound applet
>
> The volume control did not find any elements and/or devices to control.
> This means either that you don't have the right GStreamer plugins
> installed, or that you don't have a sound card configured.
>
> You can remove the volume control from the panel by right-clicking the
> speaker icon on the panel and selecting "Remove From Panel" from the menu.

Easiest way to work around this until it gets fixed is to boot in
permissive mode.

An easy way to do that is to add "enforcing=0" to the end of the grub
prompt at boot time.  You'll need to do this each time you boot....

Of course, this doesn't fix anything, just works around the issue
until a fix is available (whether to selinux or to ConsoleKit or to
....).

tom
--
Tom London