yum update

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Jan 29 13:02:45 UTC 2008

/me looked at the initial report again

Small correction:

On 29.01.2008 13:30, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 29.01.2008 13:19, Andrew Farris wrote:
>> ne... wrote:
>>> Wrong list. Try fedora-list (at) redhat.com
>>> ne...
>> Its also a livna packaging problem [...]

No, it's not. Your Fedora mirror is not up2date.

Those sync issues are normal(¹). We have to live with it or yum needs
workarounds for situations like this. :-/

Cu
knurd

(¹) -- if Livna pushes packages like xine-lib-extras-nonfree (that has a
hard dep on xine-lib with the same version) quickly after Fedora ships
them then people complain that Livna is broken -- but in fact the Fedora
mirror yum chose just hasn't the updates xine-lib package yet, so it's
not really Livna that's broken ;-)

If Livna is not up to speed and pushed a new xine-lib-extras-nonfree
lots of hours or a day after Fedora shipped a new xine-lib then people
complain (correctly) that Livna is broken. But for the stable repos we
these days try our best to ship new kmods or new xine-lib-extras-nonfree
packages very quickly (within just a few hours most of the time) after
Fedora ships the matching packages.