gnome2kde4 back 2 gnome

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 01:46:58 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I run switchdesk to use KDE, machine boots KDE, but
then returns back to gnome upon rebooting.  I run two
machines one with GNOME as the main desktop the other
with KDE to have the best of both worlds.  Something
strange is happening, when I boot in level 5, I get
gnome, even though I ran switchdesk to kde, however,
if I boot into level 3 and type startx I get KDE.

Also when I start with gnome, NetworkManager connects
me to wired connection, but sound crashes (volume
control stuff that others have reported)

while starting in Kde it does not work :(

I will attach two files illustrating what I mean.

If I should file bug reports against which packages
should I file against.

Thanks,

Antonio

Be a better friend, newshound, and