Rawhide Install and USB Keyboard

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Tue Jul 15 09:32:03 UTC 2008

A few weeks ago I changed the connection on my Microsoft
Ditgital Media Pro Keyboard from ps/2 serial to USB because
the old configuration was causing some of the keys to
send more than one character.

When I tried to install Monday's Rawhide 64 the command line
editor would stop responding to the keyboard after several
characters were keyboarded.  I to reconnect the keyboard
to the ps/2 serial input.

Other issues:  There is a long pause after answering the
Write Changes to Disk prompt.  Otherwise installation
was uneventful.

Rawhide would not boot with a chainloader +1 from a
Ubuntu Grub.  I had to copy the entries from Rawhide's
grub.conf.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665