Problems with Firefox

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 21:58:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 23:37 +0200, Joerg Bergmann wrote:
> uname -r:
> 2.6.25.10-86.fc9.i686
> Today, I got problems with updating. Obviously, the security updates
> for firefox 3.0.1 could not be installed for some reason. I have gone
> onto install/remove software and found firefox 3.0.0 or so installed.
> I removed that firefox and tried to install 3.0.1. Got an error message
> alike
> Missing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.9 is needed by
> package totem-mozplugin-2.23.2-4.fc9.i386 (installed)
> Missing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.9 is needed by
> package nspluginwrapper-1.1.0-2.fc9.i386 (installed)
>
> At that point, I have no firefox installed. Seems I have to
> re-install Fedora 9, or are there any hints?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Joerg

Someone silently released new xulrunner+firefox version without
rebuilding packages that depend on precise version of gecko. You can
either wait for the builds until they get into repos, or temporarily
remove the stuff that blocks the update (for you it's totem-mozplugin
and nspluginwrapper).

Martin