Problem inserting busybox into initrd

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Mar 11 00:34:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 17:47:06 +0900,
  John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Some will have noticed that I'm having a difficulty with f9 kernels.
>
> In order to have a poke around and see what I can see, I've been trying
> to insert anaconda into the initrd so as to get a shell.
>
> Unfortunately, RH/Fedora uses nash, and nash is, er, not a shell.

I have been having luck with the rescue (netinst) image. After coming up
in rescue mode I chroot to /mnt/sysimage and then most (but not all)
things work. I can even use yum to get updates.
(I am trying to get mkinitrd to put in the proper crypto stuff and it seems
to be having a problem with dm-crypt stacked on top of software raid.)
Depending on what you need to look at that may work for you.