Increased Bugzilla Activity and Coming Changes

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 03:13:14 UTC 2008

Greetings all bugzilla users,

As part of the bug triage relaunch (announced today by Jon Stanley) you
will probably see more activity in bugzilla as triagers start to move
bugs from NEW to ASSIGNED and close bugs which have been in NEEDINFO for
more than 30 days without any response.

We will be triaging bugs in NEW and NEEDINFO following the process
described here
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow which was
reviewed and approved by FESCo on January 24, 2008.  Our initial focus
will be on bugs reported in the past 30 days.

We realize that there have been recent discussion on some of the mailing
lists questioning the bugzilla states being used.  Until someone gets
new states added to bugzilla and someone lobbies FESCo to change the
states used, we will follow the process described above.  Naturally if
we run into big problems (which we do not anticipate) using the states
as they are, we will revisit things.

As part of getting a better handle on how Fedora tracks bugs two,
proposals are also in the works which Jon Stanley referred to in a
previous email.

We will circulate these proposals for feedback and bring them to FESCo
for review on 2008-03-13 and request that they be voted on (if
necessary) on 2008-03-20.  We hope to start executing them soon
thereafter.  They will also be reviewed at tomorrow's bug triage meeting.

We welcome your feedback and concerns in the sections at the bottom of
each page.

1) Clear out bugs for unsupported versions:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JohnPoelstra/BugzillaExtremeMakeOver

2) Apply a consistent process to open Fedora bugs:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping

Thanks for reading,
John