Testing xinetd/VNC remote login on F9 beta

Lorenzo Fiorini lorenzo.fiorini at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 17:25:44 UTC 2008

I'm testing xinetd/VNC remote login on F9 beta server but I still get
the infamous X gray background.

The test server is an IBM x236 with ATI 7000 integrated video card and
it had a working FC8 xinetd/VNC setup before the F9 beta load.

I've added Enable=true in /etc/gdm/custom.conf and done the config
steps I've always done in FC5...FC8 but the port port 177 is still NOT
listening.

On the server console gdm and gnome work well and also vncserver works
so the "basics" seem ok, but F9 doesn't have the usual gdm login setup
tool so I'm probably missing sth.

Any advice?

best regards,
Lorenzo Fiorini