kernel parm quiet

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Sun Mar 30 16:57:03 UTC 2008

Will Woods wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2008, at 11:58 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>>> hello,
>>> Does the kernel line parameter "quiet" have any effect in F9 beta?  I
>>> have it on the grub.conf kernel line, but get all of the initial
>>> messages.
>>
>> Quiet is always disabled for rawhide and test releases to enable
>> easier debugging.
>>
>>> Also, does quiet affect display of shutdown messages?  Not seeing any
>>> with upstart.
>>
>> I see this too. Seems to be upstart quirk/bug. Can you file a bug
>> report please?
>
> Upstart has nothing to do with it - this happens in F8 as well.
>
> -w

Well, with respect, just ran two tests on F8--one with quiet and one
without.  In both cases got the expected
shutdown/stopping/sending...msgs.  So, if not upstart in F9beta, what?

I'll let the gurus figure this out for now...off to see the Prez throw
out the first pitch at the Nationals/Braves season opener.