preupdate won't update

shmuel siegel fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Thu May 1 20:09:27 UTC 2008

seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 22:22 +0300, shmuel siegel wrote:
>
>>> I tried updating to the version in fedora-testing. Didn't work. I then
>>> removed the suggested files, still didn't work. The only symptom that
>>> I can mention is that the dialog that connects to Fedora only goes to
>>> 40% before it disappears. I have no idea if the connection was
>>> successful.
>>>

>> I tried again and this is still not working. The dialog box says that I
>> probably have a bad generation of my install tree. Could there be a
>> problem from the fact that this is a dual boot system with fedora on the
>> extended partition in VolGroup00/LogVol00?
>>

> Which dialog box says this?
>
> -sv

The sequence of dialog boxes during the boot process is:

grub to choose rawhide update
Welcome to fedora
Anaconda to choose update fc8 on volgroup00
Update boot loader
Transferring from Fedora followed by a lot of disk activity for about 15
seconds
Error dialog Unable to read group information from repositories Exit or
retry