superuser console?

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Fri May 2 06:45:14 UTC 2008

Alain PORTAL wrote:
> Le jeudi 01 mai 2008, Patrick O'Callaghan a écrit :
>> it's telling the people responsable that it doesn't work so they can fix
>> it.
>
> I don't consider absence of the superuser mode console as something not
> working or as a bug, but as a real will from upstream to remove it, and I am
> sad to see that you do not understand that
>
> If it was a KDE bug, there were probably people closer upstream to report that
> before releasing the third fix of KDE4 i.e. 4.0.3

That is an assumption that is more than likely just wrong.  Unless you have
filed a number of bugs it may seem to you that open-source software gets
'released' as the developers want it to be, but thats just not the case.  It is
very possible that this bug, like many others, is just an oversight that hasn't
be fixed yet.  Until you file the bug, and get told 'not a bug' then it IS a bug.

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29