no suspend/resume on hp dv5500 (nvidia?)

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Sun May 4 18:52:28 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-05-04 at 10:28 -0400, Will Woods wrote:
> On May 4, 2008, at 6:09 AM, Neal Becker wrote:
>
> > Resume didn't work on F9 (probably didn't on F8 either, not sure)
> >
> > Possibly nvidia related.  This is _not_ proprietary nvidia driver.
>
> We specifically disabled this a few months ago, since nv hardware
> broke suspend in the great majority of circumstances:
> http://katzj.livejournal.com/407566.html
>
> That might still be in effect.

I'm still left to wonder (as nobody has ever explained) why suspend
doesn't work with the nv driver but works fine with the vesa driver.

Mine's a ThinkPad T61 with Quadro NVS 140M, FWIW.  Suspend also works
for me with the nvidia binary driver (but the machine freezes on restore
from hibernate).

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences