Network interface won't come up on reboot

Josep Puigdemont josep.puigdemont at gmail.com
Mon May 5 19:18:45 UTC 2008

El dl 05 de 05 del 2008 a les 13:48 -0400, en/na Marcus Leech va
escriure:
> Martin Coker wrote:
>
> > The only way I could get my eth0 to work at boot up was to configure
> > it with static ip address netmask and route every attempt to get ip by
> > dchp was failing. Network manager had to be disabled. Otherwise it was
> > a manual config everytime. I wonder if it may have something to do
> > with the services boot up order?
> >
> I have it statically configured with IP, netmask, route, etc.  Still
> won't come up on boot.  I think this could very-well
>   be a show-stopper issue, with only 8 days left before the release.

What kind of HW is this? I have a similar problem with a r8169 Gigabit
Ethernet, see bz #438046 and #444966. In my case I can make Ethernet
work again by unloading and reloading the right kernel module (r8169),
maybe you can try something similar.

/Josep