Firefox 3 Beta 5

Christopher L Tubbs II ctubbsii at emich.edu
Thu May 8 00:12:00 UTC 2008

Tom London wrote:
> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 12:34 AM, Dominik Sandjaja <dominik at dadadom.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  Am Dienstag, den 06.05.2008, 19:18 -0400 schrieb Christopher L Tubbs II:
>>
>>> Has anybody else noticed that firefox takes forever to close? It brings
>>  > up the "wait/force quit" dialog box in GNOME every time I close it. It
>>  > eventually closes, but it takes longer than I would expect.
>>
>>  maybe you have also hit the problem which is described (and solved in
>>  comment #12) here:
>>   http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=187332
>>
>>  Cheers,
>>  Dominik
>>

> The suggestions worked like a charm for me.....  My
> urlclassifier3.sqlite file was about 49MB.
>
> Firefox is back to its speedy self again.  :-)
>
> Thanks for the pointer!
>
> tom

This didn't fix it for me (at least not right away). For some reason I
still get delays closing firefox the first few times after performing
this step... long enough to get the "app not responding: wait/forcequit"
dialog. Firefox exits soon after, and the dialog box goes away once this
happens. There must be other files firefox is working with before
closing. It doesn't happen consistently, though, so it's kind of hard to
isolate the cause. For now, though, it seems to have gone away.

If I'm able to reproduce it consistently, I'll file a bug report, but
until then, I guess I'm the only one who's having it, so I'll forget
about it for now.

Rainman