Firefox: language packs / en_GB dictionary

Leslie Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 16:38:39 UTC 2008

I think a better way would be to select the langauges for dictionaries as a one-time checkbox process. So, following a brand-new installation from CD, DVD or Net, that script would pop up, and the rest you can figure out....

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at hi.is> wrote: Joe Smith wrote:
> Is it expected to have Firefox install support for dozens of
> languages? Every time there's a FF update, I see a long delay and a
> dialog poops up showing many language plugins are installed.

I must say I agree on this one firefox should default to GB or US
english and the rest of the world pick their language of chose an
install it rather than forcing all languages to all users..

Best regards
                  Johann B.
begin:vcard
fn:Johann B.  Gudmundsson
n:Gudmundsson;Johann B.
org:Reiknistofnun - University of Iceland;IT Management
adr:Dunhagi 5;;Taeknigardur;Reykavik;;107;Iceland
email;internet:johannbg at hi.is
title:Unix System Engineer RHCE,CCSA
tel;work:+3545254267
tel;fax:+3545528801