Upgrade -> rawhide disaster

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Mon May 12 11:52:23 UTC 2008

Neal Becker wrote:
> On reboot, it hung a long time on bringing up eth0, and failed.  This never
> had a problem on F8.
> No wired shown in NM.  Don't know why.

I tried upgrading to rawhide on Saturday (May 10).

My machine had a static IP, and as a result the networking was
completely botched. Mercifully it was a local machine, not a remote one.

I had to disable NetworkManager, delete all ".bak" interfaces in
system-config-network, and re-configure eth0.

This will be a killer bug for anyone doing remote upgrades...

- Mike