Here's what happened to xfwm4

John Summerfield debian at
Mon May 12 23:00:37 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> I answered this just a week or so back in here.  xfce-desktop is just
>>> an alias for "XFCE" as specified in comps.xml file.
>> Nobody should be expect to go there and read that stuff. If those
>> names in the <id>..</id> tags are installable, they should also be
>> reportable.
> They are. Some of them just have hidden aliases which nobody needs to
> care. If you don't know, you would just use what is visible which is
> # yum groupinstall "XFCE"
> # yum grouplist hidden as Seth Vidal indicated if you really want to know.
>> What would Aunty Indira say if Nephew told her to read that?
> That's just silly. If something has a hidden alias in a command line,
> Aunty Indira wouldn't even care.

I asked how I might have found xfce-desktop by myself (a much better
name I might add) and you said to read that.

As I've already noted, "hidden" does not show it, it's not a hidden
package so far as I could see, but identified by different tags.

-- spambait
1aaaaaaa at  Z1aaaaaaa at
-- Advice

You cannot reply off-list:-)