icewm has no programs

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue May 13 00:02:59 UTC 2008

Gilboa Davara wrote:

>>> Triggers? Do we have DB like triggers in RPM? Please explain.
>> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/drafts/rpm-guide-en/ch05s03.html
>>
>> Rahul
>>

> Ummm... I'll need to think about it.
> As much as I like the idea of auto-magically adding and removing
> menu-items, it goes against the very nature of IceWM.
> Fast, text-based-configured, super-fast WM.

Seems to me that this approach might be quicker in users' hands - it
might be ready for me seven seconds sooner.

For users' private menus while logged in, there's FAM (File Alteration
Monitor) or its successor to see when you need to reread the file.

The menu created by icewm-xdg-menu looks like it's easily extended to
allow an include to insert/merge a menu from users' home directory. For
sysadmins' sanity, I'd suggest that each include would create a submenu,
not replace or change any existing menu. Any includes would need to be
preserved over a rebuild, but that doesn't look difficult.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait