Switch to F9 Updates (from Rawhide)

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Tue May 13 21:22:38 UTC 2008

Leon Stringer wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Leon Stringer wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This question gets asked every time there's a release:
>>>
>>> What's the procedure for changing updates from Rawhide to the F9
>>> release updates?
>>
>> It is automatic. You don't have to do anything at all. If you
>> installed rawhide and kept updating, your repositories now should be
>> pointing to Fedora 9.
>>
>> # yum repolist
>>

> Thanks guys. Do you know, I think things *are* getting simpler!

You can still continue to help test the F9 updates as they come along, just open
System->Administration->Software Sources and then click the checkbox for 'Fedora
9 - <arch> - Test Updates' and you'll start using the test updates.
(bodhi.fedoraproject.org is then the feedback point for them)

Those packages are much less likely to kill you than Rawhide during the
pre-alpha timeframe. ;)

  gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29