openbox on fedora-release-9-2.

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue May 13 22:19:22 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 02:28:01PM -0700, Andrew Farris wrote:

> I thought the primary goal of the *box window managers was to be as difficult
> to use as possible so you feel impressive once they are working. ;)

Well, that too of course. :)  (Stifles comeback about these darn
developers who use Gnome and tie the whole distro to it, figuring that
with my luck, Andrew probably uses twm.)

Intuitive means, "What you're used to using."   I'm so used to
Fluxbox that it's very quick for me to do my minimal configurations.

I find it easier to create my default keybindings with it, and all I
really need from a wm is something to open up my usually used GUI apps
with keystrokes.  Note that I'm talking about Fluxbox here, not Openbox.
A Fluxbox keybinding is like

Mod4 r :ExecCommand urxvt

Shucks, I note that a lot of people on this list use mutt.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Ahh, it's okay. Gave Cord and I chance to spend some
quality death time.
Cordelia: And we got these free corsages.