"jumpy" picture

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu May 15 03:55:54 UTC 2008

After applying as many rawhide updates as it was possible without
breaking dependencies and backing off 'GConf2*' and 'gnome-session'
packages I am able to logon again into a desktop session.
Only one thing.  Before my desktop shows up I am getting random
"blinks" at various parts of a screen - like a broken vertical
sync.  I even started to wonder if my graphics card developed
some issues or maybe a new kernel has something to do with that.

Only that when a desktop, panel and a session open windows are
finally redrawn a picture once again becomes solid like it was
before.  Nothing wrong with it - then.  I tried few accounts with
different configurations and everywhere it is the same.

Does anybody knows what is happening here and why?  Or I am
only one affected that way?

   Michal