*** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python: double free or corruption (out): 0xbfc49750 ***

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 22:26:34 UTC 2008

Dear all,

Upon reswitching from Fedora 9 back to rawhide on one
of the machines, I get the following:

I am tempted to go back to Fedora 9 and disable
fedora.rawhide to try and fix this.  What should I do
to fix this If I am to continue running rawhide.  When
booting the machine, it hung when loading cups daemon,
I started the machine in level 1 and removed it from
starting up using chkconfig cups off.

[root at localhost ~]# yum update -y
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, refresh-updatesd
*** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python: double free or
corruption (out): 0xbfc49750 ***
^C

TIA,

Antonio