rawhide install report 20080527 - working

G.Wolfe Woodbury ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us
Wed May 28 13:25:36 UTC 2008

G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
> I Waited a week or so to let the initial rush of FC10 changes and such
> things settle, and tonight I'm doing a rawhide install on the i686
> testbed machine.  So far, so good, no errors in anaconda or the
> selection process, and it is chugging away at the actual install now.
>
> So far I see no really major changes from F9 (but that is to be
> expected), there are some new packages in the customization mix.
>
> I'll be checking out the Network manager handling of the no-wireless
> setup that this machine has, and watching to see if the NFS mounted
> filesystems come up properly after post-install configuration.

Well, firstboot went okay, but the configuration is messed up in some
obscure way:

The GDM greeter pops up notices that the "gnome power manager" system
defaults are not properly configured and to "contact you computer
administrator" and no other hints as to how to fix it.

KGpg Wizard opens (in GNOME?)
Ksensors opens (in GNOME)
KWallet opens (in GNOME)
Nautilus does NOT start properly
  no panels, etc.
  any hint of a pre-existing user causes this non-functionality.
switching to SELinux permissive mode does NOT fix the problems

ntpdate runs before NetworkMangler and fails

NFS mounted filesystems are not mounted properly (netfs runs before
NetworkMangler)

more testing upcoming....

--
Wolfe