ath5k module vs. MadWifi

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sat Nov 1 08:58:24 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 12:34:55AM -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 10:41 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> > I am wondering, for those who have an AR5007EG card, if they are finding
> > that lately (perhaps 2 updates or so ago) that they are better off
> > reverting to the MadWifi drivers.
>

> Was this working for you with Madwifi? it barely was for me, I
> couldn't suspend. Updated to the .27 kernel and using the ath5k
> driver, and stuff works now, even suspend.

Actually, I never used suspend.  In general, I only use the laptop(s) on
occasion, preferring the desktop.

However, as far as connecting and keeping the connection goes, the
MadWifi always seemed a bit better, especially with the latest (and
possibly last) 20080903 snapshot.

Thanks for the input.  I'm really beginning to think (from talking to
friends as well) that it's an Aspire One thing.  (On the Aspire One
forums, many people mentioned something similar--the MadWif driver
working better than the ath5k.)

Thank you.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Angel: I've been around death before. A lot. I've lost
people. I've killed people...
Cordelia: And you are dead.