Kernel panic with Live CD

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Nov 2 12:31:33 UTC 2008

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I've put the "snap" KDE Live CD,
> 	F10-Beta-i686-Live-KDE.iso
> on a USB stick, and this runs on most of my computers.
> But it crashes on an AMD K8 (Athlon-64) machine.

The Beta image isn't one of the snapshots (of which there are 3 now I
believe), so there's 3 newer images out there then the Beta image you
tested. Can you reproduce this with more recently composed Live Media?

> 1. Was I wrong to use the i686 ISO on a 64-bit machine?
> I've run 32-bit Fedora and Windows on this machine.

Should Just Work(TM)

> 2. Is there a bugzilla for the F10 test distributions?

Yes, it's called 'rawhide' in bugzilla, and it should have the
appropriate components for Live Media.

Interesting details include;

- Does the Live image boot if you put it on a CD?
- What type of kernel panic do you get?
- Are there any existing bugs against the kernel version included on the
Live Media that you know of, that are similar to the behavior you are
seeing?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip