Will shared swap bite me?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Nov 3 01:36:20 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 09:53:09AM +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> Chuck Anderson wrote:
>
>>> I've been running pure 64-bit Fedora and SL5 with no problems that
>>> concerned me: I don't know what, if any, browser plugins work, and
>>> don't  really care. I don't like flash!

> I just don't like flash. The most popular use for it is ads that animate
>  (and while I can turn animated GIFs off, I can't stop flash), flicker
> and generally distract me from what I want to see.
>
> I dislike it less when I'm running adblocker+, but I use so many
> different computers/OSes setting filters becomes a chore.

Yup, 99 percent of the time, it's a waste of resources.  Citibank's
citicards site has a problem with Linux and Flash. I wrote them with the
workaround and they just wrote back that they don't support Linux. If I
were having their financial difficulties, I'd have treated it
differently, but oh well.

Back to the OP's question, you shouldn't have a problem.

Do a google for the unofficial Fedora FAQ--its advice is still good for
F10.  Many others, as well as myself, have no trouble with flash on 64
bit F10.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: Ahhhh, my head. I think I'm sobering up. It's horrible.
Ah... God... I wish I was dead.