F10 on Asus EEE PC901

Robert M. Albrecht fedora at romal.de
Wed Nov 5 18:38:03 UTC 2008

Hi,

I installed F10 (todays rawhide via netinstall) on my Asus PC901 and run
into several problems:

- small screen. Some screens like GDM are just to big to fit on the
display. GDM has so many stuff (keyboard layout, language, ...) that simply
does not fit on the screen.

- Some Gnome setting dialogs are too big.

- Some windows are, when created,  not entirely visible. They barely fit on
the display, when the user does move them.

- Reboot does not work. After shutting down the system I have to remove the
battery and disconnect the power adapter, otherwise I can't switch on the
system again.

- WLAN does not work (missing driver).

Has anyone an Asus 901 and is seeing the same problems ? What about other
EEE types ? Are they working ?

cu romal

www.romal.de
blog.romal.de