F10 on Asus EEE PC901

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 5 18:47:47 UTC 2008

Robert M. Albrecht wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed F10 (todays rawhide via netinstall) on my Asus PC901 and run
> into several problems:
>
> - small screen. Some screens like GDM are just to big to fit on the
> display. GDM has so many stuff (keyboard layout, language, ...) that
> simply does not fit on the screen.
>
> - Some Gnome setting dialogs are too big.
>
> - Some windows are, when created,  not entirely visible. They barely fit
> on the display, when the user does move them.
>
> - Reboot does not work. After shutting down the system I have to remove
> the battery and disconnect the power adapter, otherwise I can't switch
> on the system again.

Each of these items require separate bug reports

> - WLAN does not work (missing driver).

900 wirless works now since it is Atheros. 901 uses Ralink that requires
a third party GPL driver now available a kmod in rpmfusion - free
repository.

Following thread http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/8/5/519 shows that there is
substantial work that needs to be done before the driver can be merged
upstream.

Rahul