FC 9

Adam D. Ligas adam at physco.com
Wed Nov 5 20:52:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 15:04 +0200, Aioanei Rares wrote:
>  <bernard at urbancitynet.com.gh> wrote:
>         Pls can someone help with the bluetooth file sharing on FC9.
>         The blue tooth device has been installed but I can't transfer
>         files.

> Please do not top-post , especially on a non-related thread. What do
> you mean by
> "I can't copy files"? Give some details so someone can help.

My guess is that he means he can't drag and drop a file onto something
like his phone - it throws an error.  As far as I recall, its a known
thing with the Bluetooth system in F9.  One of the functions isn't
implemented.  Not sure if that has changed in F10 or not.

The workaround is to right-click on the file in question and choose
"Send To...".  Then pick "Send As Bluetooth (OBEX Push)" and the device
in question.  The file should then transfer.  Depending on the device,
it might prompt you to accept the transfer first.

- Adam