Laptop hard keys on hp nx6320

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 8 11:21:57 UTC 2008

David Timms wrote:
> Fastie wrote:
>> On F9 All my buttons on my laptop worked or sort of worked. Have this
>> support been removed in F10 cause none is working on my HP 6320. But
>> also no
>> suspend on the lid close works..
>> Is there something that I need to get this back to working?
> The volume and mute buttons still work on my nx6320.
> But agreed (with or without an xorg.conf), non of the other buttons
> including lid switch seem to do anything - including in /var/log/messages.

And the previously working wireless does not turn on either. This was an
upgrade from F9-updated. Another thing I noticed was when I pulled the
ethernet (to see if wireless would fire up), the screen went black for a
moment.

Reinstalling an F9 kernel-2.6.26.6-79.fc9.i686 and the wireless works
again, and var/log/messages show the keycodes for the hardkeys.

DaveT.