possible evdev issue?

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 17:53:38 UTC 2008

Tom Horsley wrote:

> With no xorg.conf file, I imagine I'm using evdev by
> default for input events. When configured like that,
> if I'm running a gnome session, and I rudely end it by
> typing "sudo reboot" in a terminal, then I find my
> USB keyboard completely non-functional in the grub
> screen that comes up. I have to let it go ahead and boot
> the default linux and once X comes up again, the keyboard
> starts working.

This has been a problem, never solved, since at least Fedora 8. In fact, the only way I have been able to resolve it is to use a spare PS/2 keyboard and boot, then reset my BIOS (yes, the whole system gets reset after that), then boot into Fedora and switch to my usual USB keyboard. After that, it all works again, until the next time I need to "rudely end it."