XO: Nautilus Error: Connecting to the factory

Zenko Klapko Jr. covertcodeop1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 02:11:23 UTC 2008

I thought it was due to it running out of space or an overlay filing up. At
least that was the reason for when it appeared on the XO. Try looking at how
much free space remains or if swap is enabled.

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 8:05 AM, Bryan Kearney <bkearney at redhat.com> wrote:

> Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 14:16 -0500, Bryan Kearney wrote:
>>
>>> Figured I would send it out here before I file a bug. I am running F10
>>> Preview. I boot my machine, and after login it attmpts to connect to an
>>> access point. When it does, I get the error:
>>>
>>> Natutilu cannot be used now due to an unexpected error from Bonobo when
>>> attempting to locate the factory. Google seems to think it is related to the
>>> .gconf settings. Anyone seen this?
>>>

>> I've seen it sporadically. Sometimes it boots up fine, sometimes I get
>> that message. Starting up nautilus manually does work though, so I'm
>> stumped as to what it could be.
>>

>>  An Ubuntu forum seemed to say it was a combination of showing the icons
> while doing a network connection. I did not see any logging information
> which I could use to track down the problems.
>

> -- bk
>
> --

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
than to those attending too small a degree of it.
 - Thomas Jefferson