XO: SDHCI: Card didn't power up after 1 second

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 07:47:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 09:39:26PM -0500, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Brian Powell <bpowell01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I believe this is an issue with the cards themselves, I haven't yet
> > proved that theory but inode0 and myself are both getting the exact
> > same problems with the 8gig cards we just bought, but I have no
> > problem at all with my 4 gig card and if I recall you are trying to
> > use a 16gig card.
>
> Trying to use both a 4 and 16gig card gives identical results, which
> are quite interesting:
>
> initial boot fails, with $SUBJECT error
> dir sd: works
> try dir sd: again, fails with $SUBJECT
> try again, it works
> try again, fail.
>
> Exactly every other time, it doesn't work.  Oddness.

The same results here -- I have a 4 GB card, and the flipping success
/ failure result is the same here. Which means that if I manage to
boot (success), it then fails with that Cannot find root file system
message (failure).

Boy, I'm so relived that I'm not the only one with this problem -- I
just thought I was crazy with everyone else booting just fine.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat