Problem setting up wired networking

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Wed Nov 12 08:26:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 07:55 +0000, Tony Molloy wrote:

> Don't know about you but I have never had NetworkManager bring up wired
> connections with static IP addresses correctly on boot. I works fine for
> wireless dhcp addresses.

I was using the network service (just recently matter of fact) , but
with Jesse's statement I thought I would give it a shot again and try it
out (that, and I was performming a new rawhide install last night).  So
far it is working, and I am using static IP, bit wired on a desktop.
Mounts my nfs shared dir as well on every boot.

I've seen it fail before and recently in the past few weeks it has but
as of now it doesn.t

P.S. The only failure so far, is doing a general default install via GUI
and trying to enter static IP network info and get an error.  Only way
to get around it (without using dhcp) was to use askmethod during boot
up and that configures my connection just fine.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org