XO: Xfce testing results

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 13:36:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 00:10 -0500, Jon Stanley wrote:
> Boots fine, however, text mode plymouth was all that I got (is this a
> regression from preview??? I've heard reports that graphical plymouth
> worked in preview)

This is an intentional change.  The graphical plymouth is a bit laggy on
the XO and so we are forcing the text plugin.  This also makes the XO
match all other hardware with the live image since we don't yet load
modesetting stuff for the live images.

> Some fonts are cut off (particularly the time in the Xfce panel),
> however, I understand that this is more of a general X problem than
> anything Xfce specific, and there's a fix.  Will we be integrating
> this into the other hacky fix that we have for xorg at this point?
> (using an xorg.conf if we're on a Geode?  The fix for this is just
> another setting in there)

If you were using the F-10 branch of the spin-kickstarts tree, then you
should already be getting the migration heuristic set, which is what
this workaround was.  It may be that there's something else going on
with XFCE

Jeremy