Problem setting up wired networking

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 17:51:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 03:37 +0200, shmuel siegel wrote:
> I seemed to have missed some documentation. Is there a way to attach to
> my WPA encrypted wireless without logging in first?

This is one place that is in need of documentation.

Yes, you can, it's not super friendly to do it, but then again neither
was the old way of doing this.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-November/msg00900.html

This is actually a pretty good thread that touches on a lot of what is
likely interesting to those on this thread, NetworkManager and more
"server" mode of operation than desktop.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-November/msg00863.html  starts talking about NetworkManager about there.  A goodly amount of FUD is thrown around and then Dan Williams answers a lot of questions clearing the air.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!