Problem setting up wired networking

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Fri Nov 14 12:35:37 UTC 2008

<Snip>
</Snip>
> Yes, this may be a kernel issue, because wireless worked when I installed out
> of the box, but the cabled connection didn't.  It may be that I have to go
> back to the original kernel and manage without cabled altogether for the
> present.  That could be one solution. I will alter the number of kernels kept
> (I can't remember, off-hand where that is, but I'm sure I'll find it).
>
> Is there any way to make an older kernel the default boot?

Just change the "default=0" line in /etc/grub.conf

Counts from the top entry being the 0 for example..

default=0
timeout=0
chaintimeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu

Title Fedora <kernel version X>
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel # first to boot as in this is 0

Title Fedora <kernel version Y>
       root (hd0,0)
      kernel # second to boot change the default=0 to default=1 to boot
this one by default

Title Fedora <kernel version Z>
       root (hd0,0)
      kernel # Third to boot change the default=0 to default=2 to boot
this one by default

And so fourth..

JBG