anyone have a Lenovo T400 with working ethernet?

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Sat Nov 15 04:16:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 11:22:27AM -0800, Per Bothner wrote:
> Rick Stevens wrote:
>> Per Bothner wrote:
>>> There are no fcfg-ethX files in /etc.
>>
>> The full path to those is /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX.
>
> I thought "There are no fcfg-ethX files in /etc." was
> pretty clear ...
>
> $ sudo find /etc -name 'ifcfg-*'
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-lo
> $

Ah, if you don't have any then I would assume NetworkManager just
auto-creates configuration for them.  Maybe that is the difference
between "Auto Ethernet" and "System eth0" that shows up for me in the
drop-down list?