Skype under Fedora-10/KDE

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Nov 16 13:50:28 UTC 2008

On Sunday 16 November 2008 07:18:59 Mary Ellen Foster wrote:

> > But surely there must be people running F-10 with KDE and Skype?
> > Please let me know if you are ...
>
> Yes. Here's how to manipulate the settings:
> - Open Skype
> - Go online (this is crucial, otherwise you don't get the full config
> screen) - Click on the "S" in the bottom-left corner and choose "Options"
> - Choose "Sound Devices"
> - Under "Sound Out", change the config from "Default" to the next one
> (probably "HDA Intel (hw:intel,0)"
>
> Now the "problem with audio playback" message should go away. This has
> nothing to do with KDE/Gnome, by the way, at least as far as I know.

Thanks very much.
I never knew about the S=>Options menu.
What a strange place to put the S icon!

Actually, while this has removed the "Problem with Audio Playback" error,
I'm getting "Problem with Audio Capture" instead.
But now I now how and where to configure Skype
I should be able to solve this.