No sound on youtube

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Sun Nov 16 16:44:35 UTC 2008

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008, Scott Robbins wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 12:11:12AM -0500, Tom Diehl wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a 64 bit rawhide/F10 system that I am trying to get youtube audio and
>> video working on.
>>
>> Does anyone have youtube audio working on rawhide/F10?
>>
>> Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to get this working?
>
> There's a few threads about it on Fedora forums.
>
> This link, although for F9, was recommended.
>
> http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f9.html#flash
>
> Another one that seems to have worked for some people.

I looked at that page and the procedure seems essentially the same as
what I did. One thing most pages say is that I need to install libflashsupport
but libflashsupport is not available for F10 and I noted in several places that
with flash10 it is not necessary.

Another thing I noticed was that I need pulseaudio "enabled". I have the
pulseaudio installed but I do not know if it is "enabled". Is there something
special I need to do to enable it or is installing the package sufficient?
This machine was a fresh install from rawhide about 4 weeks ago. I doubt that
it matters but...

> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=204148
>
> I remember it was relatively easy for me, but I don't remember how I did
> it.   I think it worked out of the box, more or less, after installing
> nspluginwrapper and libflashsupport with flash 9, and then I just
> upgraded with rpm -Uvh to flash 10, but I'm not positive that's all I
> did.

I installed flash10 on my F9 laptop (i386) a week or so ago and it
"just worked". I was hoping for the same with F10. I even removed the
libflashsupport package as suggested and it still works.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com